Cardiac Surgery Department
Message from the Department Chair
Today, our cardiac surgery team completes more adult heart transplants than any other medical center, which is one of the reasons our Heart and Heart Surgery Programs are ranked the best in the western U.S. Our innovative spirit is also demonstrated in new, minimally invasive procedures. From valve repair and replacement to aneurysms, our team is developing new, faster, smaller and safer alternatives to traditional open heart surgery, including robotics.
Chair, Cardiac Surgery
- Advanced Heart Disease Research
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Advanced Heart Failure & Transplant Cardiology
- Hypertension & Vascular Biology Research
- Interventional Cardiology
- Women's Heart Disease & Health
- Thoracic Surgery (independent residency)
- Mechanical Cardiac Support & Cardiac Transplantation
RESEARCH AREAS, CENTERS & PROGRAMS
The Smidt Heart Institute is the top cardiology center in the western U.S. and our doctors and nurses provide patients with compassionate care that makes the patient a partner in the healthcare process.
Cedars-Sinai faculty members are at the forefront of research and care in every field. Meet our distinguished team of top clinicians and investigators.
Have Questions or Need Help?
Contact us if you have questions or wish to learn more about Cedars-Sinai's Research and Education programs.