The Yang Laboratory is focused on developing and applying leading-edge proteomics technologies to analyze protein abundance, modifications and complexes, so as to delineate the molecular basis of major causes of cancer deaths—cancer metastasis and therapeutic resistance—and to discover novel therapeutic targets and cancer biomarkers.
The Yang Laboratory is affiliated with the Cedars-Sinai Cancer Institute, Department of Surgery and Department of Biomedical Sciences.
I obtained my doctorate in proteomics from Peking University in 2006, and then received postdoctoral training in cancer proteomics at Harvard Medical School and Boston Children's Hospital. Since 2012, I have been the director of the Mass Spectrometry and Biomarker Discovery Core and a faculty member in the Cedars-Sinai Department of Surgery and Department of Biomedical Sciences.
Wei Yang, PhD
- Phosphoproteomics and Kinome Profiling
- Interactome Analysis
Proteomics and Bioinformatics Resources
- AntibodyPedia—an open-access database of publicly available antibodies against human protein targets
- BenchSci—a reagent intelligence platform which uses machine learning to decode comprehensive datasets
- CPTAC—the Clinical Proteomic Tumor Analysis Consortium (CPTAC) brings together leading centers nationwide in a comprehensive and coordinated effort to accelerated the understanding of the molecular basis of cancer through the application of large-scale proteome and genome analysis, or proteogenomics
- Cytoscape—an open source software platform for visualizing complex networks and integrating these with any type of attribute data.
- DAVID—the Database for annotation, visualization and integrated discovery
- dbPTM—an integrated resource for protein post-translational modifications (PTMs)
- HUPO—The Human Proteome Organization (HUPO) is an international scientific organization representing and promoting proteomics through international cooperation and collaborations by fostering the development of new technologies, techniques and training
- MassIVE—a community resource for computational mass spectrometry to promote the global, free exchange of mass spectrometry data
- MaxQuant—a proteomics software package designed for analyzing large mass spectrometric data sets.
- neXtprot—public beta release to build a comprehensive knowledge platform on human proteins
- ProteinAtlas—a systematic exploration utility of the human proteome using antibody-based proteomics
- PeptideAtlas—a multi-organism, publicly accessible compendium of peptides identified in a large set of tandem mass spectrometry proteomics experiments
- SwissPalm—a comprehensive database on protein S-palmitoylation
- Uniprot—a comprehensive, high-quality and freely accessible resources of protein sequence and functional information
Meet Our Team
Learn more about the scientists, faculty members, investigators and other healthcare professionals of the Yang Laboratory, whose dedicated efforts lead to groundbreaking discoveries.
Yang W, Freeman, MR, Kyprianou N.
Nat Rev Urol. 2018 Aug;15(8):483-497.
Xie JJ, Jiang YY, Jiang Y, Li CQ, Lim MC, An O, Mayakonda A, Ding LW, Long L, Sun C, Lin LH, Chen L, Wu JY, Wu ZY, Cao Q, Fang WK, Yang W, et al.
Gastroenterology. 2018 Jun;154(8):2137-2151.
Reis-Sobreiro M, Chen JF, Novitskya T, You S, Morley S, Steadman K, Gill NK, Eskaros A, Rotinen M, Chu CY, Chung LWK, Tanaka H, Yang W, et al.
Cancer Res. 2018 Nov 1;78(21):6086-6097.
Contact the Yang Lab
8700 Beverly Blvd.
Davis Building, Room 5094B
Los Angeles, CA 90048