Research in the Martins Laboratory focuses on the molecular regulation of immune responses, particularly the mechanisms regulating T lymphocyte function. We are interested in identifying pathways that can be harnessed to manipulate T lymphocyte function and potentially interfere with ongoing immune responses associated with chronic inflammatory conditions.
The Martins Laboratory is affiliated with the F. Widjaja Foundation Inflammatory Bowel and Immunobiology Research Institute and the Department of Medicine.
- Regulation of T cell responses by the transcription factor Blimp-1
- Pathways underlying T cell activation at mucosal sites
- Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology
- F. Widjaja Foundation Inflammatory Bowel and Immunobiology Research Institute (IBIRI)
- Department of Biomedical Sciences
- Research Division of Immunology
Meet Our Team
Learn more about the scientists, faculty members, investigators and other healthcare professionals of the Martins Laboratory, whose dedicated efforts lead to groundbreaking discoveries.
Benevides L, da Fonseca DM, Donate PB, Tiezzi DG, De Carvalho DD, de Andrade JM, Martins GA, Silva JS.
Cancer Res. 2015;75(18):3788-3799.
Salehi S, Benevides L, Willen J, Keech N, Dhall D, Meffre E, Targan S, Martins G.
J Immunol. 2012;189(12):5682-5693.
Rutishauser RL, Martins GA, Kalachikov S, Chandele A, Parish IA, Meffre E, Jacob J, Calame K, Kaech SM.
Contact the Martins Lab
110 N. George Burns Road
Davis Building, Room 4094C
Los Angeles, CA 90048