J. Kim Lab
The J. Kim Laboratory focuses on furthering the understanding of mechanisms and treatments of urological diseases. The early work of Jayoung Kim, PhD, at Harvard University concentrated on uncovering the biochemical basis of a shift toward the aggressive phenotype elicited in urological cancers including prostate and bladder cancers. In 2011, the J. Kim Laboratory was established at Cedars-Sinai. Since then, the J. Kim Lab has been focused on translational science studies in three areas: prostate cancer, bladder cancer and interstitial cystitis (IC). The J. Kim Lab has extensive research experience in various “omics” approaches combined with bioinformatics analysis, signal transduction and metabolism in various urological diseases.
The J. Kim Laboratory is affiliated with the Surgery Department.
- Molecular Mechanism and Biomarkers of Interstitial Cystitis (IC)
- Cisplatin Resistance of Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Cholesterol Metabolism in Urological Diseases
- Oliver Fiehn, PhD (University of California, Davis)
- Gangning Liang, PhD (University of Southern California)
- Rosalyn Adam, PhD (Harvard Medical School)
- Mariana Stern, PhD (University of Southern California)
- Susan Keay, MD, PhD (University of Maryland School of Medicine and the VA Maryland Health Care System)
- Sung Soo Kim, MD, PhD (Kyung Hee University, Korea)
- Wun-Jae Kim, MD, PhD (Chungbuk National University, Korea)
- Kwang Pyo Kim, PhD (Kyung Hee University, Korea)
- Tack Lee, MD (Inha University, Korea)
- Sunghyouk Park (Seoul National University, Korea)
Kim YW, Yun SJ, Jeong P, Kim SK, Kim SY, Yan C, Seo SP, Lee SK, Kim J, Kim WJ.
PLOS One. 2015;10(7):e0134552.
Morley S, You S, Pollan S, Choi J, Zhou B, Hager MH, Steadman K, Spinelli C, Rajendran K, Gertych A, Kim J, et al.
Sci Rep. 2015 Jul 16;5:12136.
Yun SJ, Jeong P, Kang HW, Kim YH, Kim EA, Yan C, Choi YK, Kim D, Kim JM, Kim SK, Kim SY, Kim ST, Kim WT, Lee OJ, Koh GY, Moon SK, Kim IY, Kim J, et al.
Int Neurourol J. 2015;19(2):74-84.
Contact the J. Kim Lab
8700 Beverly Blvd.
Davis Building, Room 5094A/B
Los Angeles, CA 90048